I thought I would start sharing quick tips that I find useful in the party world - aka. Tuesday Tip.
There are a lot of party printables floating around on the internet. They are a great way to customize and have fun with party planning. I always like to customize my printables, and do so in Photoshop. But here is a quick little demo on how you can customize your party printables with text in Microsoft Word...
1. Open your pdf printable in it's default program - Adobe Acrobat. If you printable is already a .jpeg or .jpg file, you can skip down to step #3.
2. Click "Save As" (found under "File"). Under the "Save As" window choose JPEG under the "Save as Type".
3. Quit out of Acrobat and head on over to Microsoft Word. Open a new "blank document". Under "Page Layout" make sure your page orientation is correct. For the printable I am using I need my page to be in the Landscape format.
4. Under "Insert" select "Picture". Select your new .jpeg printable as your picture to insert.
5. Now that your printable is on your word document, there are still a few more steps. Right click on your printable, scroll down to "Text Wrapping" and select "Behind Text". This allows you to type over the picture.
6. Right click on your printable again and select "Size...". In the size window make sure the Height and Width are both at 100%.
7. Select your printable by clicking on it. While your printable is selected, at the top of your screen select "Align" and scroll down and click "Align Center". Do the same thing again, except click on "Align Middle".
8. Now your printable is the correct size, in the middle of your page, and can easily be typed over for customization!
Type out your text and position it around with the enter key and space bar. It might take some work to get it in perfect position, but it's worth it in the end.
(and yes... Word does seem to think my daughter's name is spelled wrong.)
Let me know if there are any other tips you would like to see on Tuesday Tip!